ENVIRONMENT - ETHICS
DID YOU KNOW ?
For HEROCK®, a heart for the environment and social engagement is not an added value but a standard that every one of our items has to meet. That’s why we always make sure that all of our production processes are carried out as cleanly and ethically as possible. We do this by making a conscious choice when it comes to issues like suppliers, resources and the factories where our clothes are assembled. So if you choose to purchase an item from our collections, you can get your hands dirty with a clear conscience. HEROCK® dedicates itself to providing quality at a good price without becoming involved in things like child labour or unsuitable working conditions. That is why we keep a close eye on all production processes, with quality control teams visiting every one of our factories to ensure that all standards are met. Naturally, all of our items are produced in compliance with European directives.
ENVIRONMENT AND ECOLOGY
HEROCK® focuses on sustainbility in every step of the production chain – from design to transport. We pro-actively adapt our company policy to minimize our ecological footprint. This is an on-going process. We keep a close watch on new developments and opportunities, thus providing our clients with qualitative and durable workwear with long-lasting functions and keeping our production as environmentally friendly as possible.
SOME OF OUR ENGAGEMENTS
- Solar panels provide our headquarters and warehouse with energy.
- We ask our partners to pay attention to durability. When it comes to waste and waste management.
- Our production partners have agreed not to use toxic substances and have signed the REACH charter. It is an EU order that wishes to protect people from harmful chemical products; moreover this order wishes to promote alternative methods with regard to hazard assessment and to minimize animal testing.
- We closely see to the packaging of our products: all our transport-boxes are made of recycled cardboard, with a ‘Reduce, reuse, recycle’-tag. Our hangtags are made of recycled paper, and we pack our articles in (partly) recycled plastic. We are looking for ways to use biodegradable plastics.
- All brand labels (except for some) are made of recycled materials and can be recycled as well.
- We provide our retail centres/shops with recyclable paper bags.
- We organise our transport in such a way that we bundle orders; this leads to less containers and less air/water/road transport.